Friday, December 18, 2015

1 Down 3 More to Go

Ciao world,
Sorry I haven't updated the last month but it has been hectic, finals week was very stressing and exhausting but I pushed through and with not too bad grades if I may see, overall first term was a success.

I have to admit for the past two weeks all I've thought of and all I've wanted is to go home. Don't get me wrong I love it here but I just needed a break, but yesterday my best friend Nina (Denmark) left and then it hit me, I'm not going to see these people for a month, I'm not going to cross the Neretva, or see that huge orange building or even eat canteen food for a month and that is going to be strange and unfamiliar as this has become my everyday norm.

I'm not going to try to summarise first term in one post, as I cannot but in short this has been truly the best experience of my life. I have lived and grown in these past 4 months as much as I have my entire life, I wouldn't say I'm a different person but I have definitely developed as a person, I've met amazing people who have helped me grow and be a stronger person and showed me different ways to look at life and I'm really grateful for all these people for being there with me through these exciting but tough months.

I'm going to be home in 4 days, the idea seems very strange, home is such a strange concept. Can you only have one home? Some say home is where the heart is and right now my heart is torn between Mostar and Haifa.

See you soon,
Malak.


Mostar grieving for Paris




Mostar Climate March, Stopping Climate Change in Style

Getting Ready for Christmas
                   
Celebrating Hanukkah and Making Tabula

Spirit Week 2k15



No comments:

Post a Comment