Friday, October 2, 2015

CASs and Split

Hi World,

So I’d like to dedicate this blog post to two things, first of all CAS-s and then Split.

CAS stands for Creativity, Action and Service. It’s mandatory to do certain hours of each of these things to get your IB diploma. In UWCiM we have many choices to choose from I chose for Creativity MUN (Model United Nations), Action Fitness for Girls and Others and Service MOPS (Mostar Peer Support).
MUN is one of my favourite things to do, I’ve been to two conferences last year and it was one of the best experiences of my life and now having MUN as my core creativity CAS is amazing we have a mini-confernce every week with a different topic and representing different countries and at some point we’ll start planning for MUNiM a conference our school will host with people from different schools and even different countries.
Then for my action CAS I have Fitness for Girls and Others not much to say about it we do about an hour and a half for fitness and I really like it even though sometimes I need to push myself a bit but it feels really good afterwards and our leaders are really nice and always tell us that if we need to stop at any point we can.
Lastly for my service CAS I’m doing MOPS which is a CAS that actually my Israeli 8th year Yuval apparently started and it was stopped for a while but this year it was restarted by two of my German second years Leman and Pauline. Mostar Peer Support is a CAS that basically aims to be a support group for the community we have here in UWCiM and try to make life better and more entraining and fun for everyone through various ways and actives. We only had one meeting so far and we looked through potential things we could do and I’m honestly really excited for this CAS and to see where it goes.

And now for the second thing Split, Croatia.
So we had this four day vacation for Bajram which is a muslim holiday (عيد الاضحى) so me and my friends decided to go to Split for these four days since it’s only about 4 hours away from Mostar and it’s a really beautiful city.
We left Wednesday after school and we arrived at our 9pm (because 3 people forget their passports), we met up with the lady that was renting us our apartment and went there it was a really good apartment right in the centre of the old town it had everything we needed, enough beds, a kitchen, a little balcony, there was even some sugar, flour, tea and a couple of more stuff in the kitchen. After leaving all our stuff and settling in we put on our swimsuits and decided to go for a night swim.
I missed the beach and the sea so much that the moment I saw the sand and the water I started screaming and running towards it, I ran into the water and it honestly one of the best moments I’ve had here so far it made me feel like home for a few moments and it was just a surreal experience to be in another country with a group of my very close friends swimming at 10pm looking up at the stars.
The other days were basically all the same, waking up, going shopping for food, making breakfast, sleeping some more, going out to the city a bit, making lunch, swimming, going out, sleeping, repeating. It was just perfect. It has always been a dream of mine to travel with friends to another country and I actually achieved it, I really felt like we were a family, it was hard at times to live with 9 people and clean the hundreds of dishes that accumulated and deciding on things but the end I enjoyed every minute of it.












I’m sorry this post was a bit long but I needed to catch up on a lot of things and before ending this post I just want to talk a bit about Project Week which is a week in every UWC where you have projects (wow such a shock right a project week having projects) and I’m going to spend my Project Week in Belgrade, Serbia helping out with refugees there which is such so surreal and I can’t wait.

Peace out, 

Malak.

No comments:

Post a Comment