Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Edge of the World, Field Trip and UWC Day

Hello world,

UWCiM is an open campus college which means that we live in different residences around the city, mine is Musala which is the closest to the school, it can be a bit messy and dirty sometimes and very lazy but it's amazing I love it. Mejdan is about 15 minutes from the school and it's in the heart of the old town and Sušac which is the farthest it's at the edge of the world (about 30 minutes from school) and it's the biggest residence and unfortunately it's where all my friends live which basically means I have a long distance friendship but regardless of the 30 minutes walk I spend most of time there with my friends and I have slept over there over two weekends which was so much fun, we hung out, cuddled, watched Shutter Island and as goes in Sušac fell asleep 2 people in a bed in the weirdest positions ever.
(mandatory Sušac mirror selfie)


On Monday the 14th it was the jewish new year (Rosh Hashana) and the Jewish society in Mostar invited us the Israelis to dinner and I wasn't sure if I should go because I'm not Jewish but I really wanted to go and experience it, my second years told me it was totally fine to go so I went with them and it was really amazing to experience a traditional jewish new year dinner.

(from left to right, Avigial my second year from 
Israel, me, Romi my other second year and Marie
a second year from Germany)

So that week on Thursday we went to a Visual Arts field trip and instead of talking about it I'm going to attach pictures.

(beautiful Zdenk from Czech Republic)





So my week ended with UWC Day on Saturday which is a day we celebrate cultures from all around the world, every country had a stand in the park next to our school displaying their food, national costume and anything that represents their country and it awesome to celebrate all these different cultures and at the same time realising that we're actually more alike than different.

(Marta from Spain)

(from left to right Lejla from BiH, Emma from Italy,
Clemens from Austria, me and on the bottom Lola from 
Belgium/Spain)

(Marwan from Syria)



(The Arabs)

Peace and Love,
Malak.

2 comments:

  1. hey! i stumbled upon your blog while searching for more info on UWCiM which i plan on applying to next year. i was wondering if you would be willing to answer some of my questions? how could i contact you? thanks in advance :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to answer your questions, you can add me on FB "Malak Jabareen"

      Delete